Notebook suddenly became slow..

azimDUSTY

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
i'm using ASUS N43SL Jay Chou Edition. when i bought this laptop a year ago, it's very powerful. i can play any games without any lags problem. but since last month, my laptop cant play any games longer than 20 minutes. after 20 minutes, it became lag. i play FIFA 13 with highest setting before and it's worked so well. i had open the cases, clean up some dust at the cooling fan. i had clean a few laptop before this and from my experience, the cooling fan not so bad compared to other cooling fan of laptop that i had cleaned before.. is it mayb a problem with CPU or Graphic Card..? help me please... :??:

ASUS N43SL Jay Chou Edition
Intel Core i5-2430M 2.4GHz
4GB DDR3 RAM
nVidia GeForce GT 540M CUDA 2GB RAM DDR3 128-bit
windows 7 64-bit

Solution

everything is ok now. i said that the cooling fan wasn't full of dust before and yes it is. but i forgot to check the hole for air flow at side of the laptop. its block the air flow from the cooling fan. huhu well.. by the way, thanks for everything. :D

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
uninstall any asus software on the pc except anything with driver in the name or card reader.

download ccleaner and run the file cleaner and then run the registry cleaner untill it shows no errors.

see if this helps.

azimDUSTY

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

it's not working... is it possible that my cooling fan actually damaged.? i mean my cooling fan became slow not because of dust but it was damage

azimDUSTY

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

this the result..

Untitled.jpg

azimDUSTY

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

i dont have any games right now, but i play a 1080p HD movie with best setting of PowerDVD 12. after 5 minutes, it starts to lag, noise coming from laptop, and this is the temperature.. i can watch 2 movie directly when i bought this laptop 2 years ago.. and now 5 minutes..?

Untitled.jpg

azimDUSTY

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

everything is ok now. i said that the cooling fan wasn't full of dust before and yes it is. but i forgot to check the hole for air flow at side of the laptop. its block the air flow from the cooling fan. huhu well.. by the way, thanks for everything. :D

Solution