Solved! Notebook with good specs having low fps in CS GO

Dec 11, 2018
I have a Toshiba notebook with:
- Core i7
- 8gb Ram
- AMD Radeon R7 M260 graphics
- 250gb SSD

I can't play CS GO, even in low settings. Also when using Revit or AutoCAD (architecture software) it gets really laggy. I have friends who can run both with lower specs notebooks.
Does anyone know what could be the bottleneck?

Solution

Have you went into Radeon software and set CS:GO to run on high performance so it uses the GPU instead of the CPU IGPU? I had the same issue with my lenovo E560 when I ran on battery it would use the IGPU instead of my R7 M370.

If you didn't here how to do it 1.Open Radeon Software 2.Go to preference 3.Go to Radeon additional settings 4. when you are in the Radeon additional settings tab/windows you should see...

Pentium4User

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016

Have you went into Radeon software and set CS:GO to run on high performance so it uses the GPU instead of the CPU IGPU? I had the same issue with my lenovo E560 when I ran on battery it would use the IGPU instead of my R7 M370.

If you didn't here how to do it 1.Open Radeon Software 2.Go to preference 3.Go to Radeon additional settings 4. when you are in the Radeon additional settings tab/windows you should see a tab in there called Power click on it and 3 hings will popup first set the Switchable graphics to max on when ac plugged and and battery, If it still laggy go to the other and Cs:go should show up recent or all applications and set it to high performance.

That how I solve my issues. And hopefully that solved the issue you have.

Solution