Num lock key lights

Darcher5454

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014
My notebook is a Toshiba c55-b5299 and I have known that all of the Satellite in the past when you press the caps lock or the num lock key they will lit up a green circle but for some reason on the one I just got the caps lock lights up but the num lock doesn't I can see where there is a clear circle area on the key where it should light up but it doesn't. Or does this notebook not suppose to light up when the num key is on? Just the strange part is that I see the round circle on the upper right corner of the num lock key. Btw I actually saying that it's on the key you press. I wonder if this notebook is defective or does the new Satellite notebooks don't light up on the num lock and only the caps lock.

Solution
Hi, I think all the Satellite would have a green LED for the Num Lock, the User Manual of your laptop also mentions the LED, perhaps it is burned. If they did not put a LED, you have on the screen an indication for the status of the Num Lock, like my Acer has.

Darcher5454

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014
I guess my question is that does all Satellite notebooks suppose to have a little green light when the num lock key is on just like if I had my caps lock on it lights up?

Hi, I think all the Satellite would have a green LED for the Num Lock, the User Manual of your laptop also mentions the LED, perhaps it is burned. If they did not put a LED, you have on the screen an indication for the status of the Num Lock, like my Acer has.

Solution