Nvidia G 960M not recognized on laptop

jon_p

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017
6 months ago i went to the US for vacation and bought an asus K501UW laptop with Nvidia gtx960M, as i work on my desktop, never used it a lot.

Today i've tried to run a game and it says i need a better GPU, when i cheked dxdiag, Intel graphics was detected as display adapter. Nvidia control panel wasn't even opening.

Unsitalled nvidia drivers and wont be able to install again as it doesn't find hardware.

Nvidia GPU won't appear in device manager, not even as hidden hardware.

When i boot into bios and go to Advanced/Graphic Configuration i only get "DVMT Pre-Allocated and a 64M option". PS: bios seems to be updated to last versio avilable.

Disabled Intel graphics and now it seems im running on onboard lowres vga. I can enable Intel graphics again, but theres no way to find nvidia adapter.

There's no way to install drivers as the GPU seems absolutely missing...

jon_p

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017

I would love to do that, but i live far away from the US; in my country i wont get official support to use the warranty, they'll take my money and just tell me "it's broken" :(

STATUS UPDATE:

Did everything, driver removal with DDU, installed chipset drivers, intel drivers, factory reset. Nothing seems to work.

Nvidia GPU won't appear on device manager nor dxdiag, and nvidia drivers can't be installed manually (can't find hardware on device manager) neither using default nvidia installers (won't install if doesn't check hardware first).