Nvidia GeForce Experience desn't stay open..

Kozilek

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
A few days ago the latest Nvidia driver update came out and I tried to install it with GeForce Experience and, surprise, surprise... it didn't work. It stayed there "installing" for hours so I stopped it with task manager and tried again. Same thing happened.. So I stopped it once again and uninstalled GeForce Experience, downloaded it from the site and then it installed just fine (the second time, but still).
Now my problem is: everything works fine apparently, and I can open GeForce Experience, however, if I close it, well.... it closes. Usually it stays open in the background and you can see it in the task bar on those little icons. Even when I open it normally, there's no icon showing there. I wanted to use Shadowplay, but this one player keeps kicking my... Anyway, any suggestions?

ps: my PC is fine, I think, at least it worked before and I didn't do anything different for it to not work

Solution

Hi, thx for answering.
I forgot to state here but I managed to put it to work again.. well, I didn't do anything complicated anyway, I just uninstalled everything Nvidia related and installed again. I just installed the Nvidia drivers and Geforce Experience installed with it and it works fine now.
About what you said. I looked at the icons that were showing in the taskbar (the little ones) and everything is "on"
Nvidia GeForce Exp. is showing the icon now and I don't have it open. If I turn on Shadowplay on a game it...

Kozilek

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017

Hi, thx for answering.
I forgot to state here but I managed to put it to work again.. well, I didn't do anything complicated anyway, I just uninstalled everything Nvidia related and installed again. I just installed the Nvidia drivers and Geforce Experience installed with it and it works fine now.
About what you said. I looked at the icons that were showing in the taskbar (the little ones) and everything is "on"
Nvidia GeForce Exp. is showing the icon now and I don't have it open. If I turn on Shadowplay on a game it works, but before it didn't.
Anyway, I'll just have to be more considerate when installing Nvidia drivers.. maybe wait until I have the game it updates to, and install it from the website.

Solution