Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M GPU DOes Not Support DirectX 11.0 Which is requried

Crequej

Estimable
Nov 22, 2015
OK, This is a good one.. I pretty much think I'm hosed until NVidia puts out a new driver.. but.. Asking anyway.. I bought the new STARWARS Battlefront and I have not got to play it yet.. I have read and read... updated Bios.. Downloaded latest Vid Drivers.. Rolled back to older versions.. Rolled back to Window 8 from windows 10 and back to 10.. updated Intel Drivers.. Sometimes the game will come up.. and crash shortly there after.. but I normally get the error above. I have been tech for 15 yrs.. but out of it for the last few.. I should be able to figure this out.. but nothing yet.. lol any suggestions?

Hi,

Pretty sure that your GTX 860M does support Direct X 11.0 that's according to NVIDIA support site.http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dx11/supported-gpus. Try doing a clean install of the graphics card.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall NVIDIA graphics.
- Open Program and Features then uninstall anything related to NVIDIA graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver there is.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx.
- Reboot the laptop once installed then after the restart make sure to set your games to run using NVIDIA processor.

Hope this will help. :)

Crequej

Estimable
Nov 22, 2015

Thanks.. I have done this like 3 times.. and rolled back to windows 8.1 from scratch and had the same issues. then fresh install of windows 10.. exact same issues.. everything I'm seeing is it's just bad new divers from Nvidia.. I have tried older ones but if you go very far back then the driver doesn't support the game.. still playing with it and thanks for the response :)

mouseclickclick

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015
It's actually a bad driver from Nvidia which crashes all the time. Did you try to select High Performance Graphics on Global Settings? I myself am stuck in a driver released on September as I found that stable. No news from Nvidia.

Crequej

Estimable
Nov 22, 2015

Thanks.. Can I ask what version driver? It would be awesome if I could actually play this game!! lol