Nvidia Shield - Not a single email app ??

lckeed

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Hey Guys, I recently bought an Nvidia Shield to replace my WD-TV live. So far so good, love the box but I'm quiter puzzled by the fact that I can't seem to find a single app to help me check and monitor my emails on the thing?

Is it me or there's no app designed for the Shield ? I see existing apps for Android devices but I can't find them when I look on the Shield.

Any help welcomed!

Jul 2, 2019
You can side load apps that do not display on the TV app store.
Aptoide TV is a good alternative store to install directly on your shield.

Unless you root your shield some apps still won't work, e.g Gmail still won't be compatible, but atleast you have access to all the apps to attempt to install em if the box is capable of runnning them, irregardless of weather they are on the shields playstore or not.

Am not 100% on working email clients but gx mail works, will assume there's others as well just don't really use my shield for emails so not tried or tested any other than Gmail (didn't work) and gx mail which did work

Jul 2, 2019
Also you can use Gmail with Puffin browser ;-) if you've not installed it yet it's probably the best browser for TV box devises.

The UI is very basic, but once you've typed a web address in the pages load like a normal browser