Nvidia SLI question.

fun4678

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
Hi I have the AsRock extreme3 970 motherboard and I currently have a PNY Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 1gb edition. I was wondering if I could SLI 2 GTX 650's? And if I could do I have to use PNY with PNY? Or could I use say PNY with a Gigabyte GTX 650?
All help is much appreciated!
Thanks,
Jon

Solution
If you look at the specs on the nvidia site the list sli for their cards under "other supported technology". The gtx650 does not have sli listed there. I don't think that card can do sli.

bucknutty

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
If you look at the specs on the nvidia site the list sli for their cards under "other supported technology". The gtx650 does not have sli listed there. I don't think that card can do sli.

Solution

bucknutty

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
Does it have the sli bridge connector on top? Back in the day nvidia allowed cards to sli even without a bridge but I don't think the driver will allow it to be enabled anymore. Now sli connector no sli.

fun4678

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
I'm not near my desktop right now but I don't remember seeing any other connector I'd love for it to support SLI. I just need to know if it can. I guess that does mean it can support SLI. I have the PNY Geforce GTX 650. It's not on the list at Nvidia's website. This is a hard one :p

bignastyid

Splendid

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/sli/supported-gpus