Obama Says: Steve Jobs Deserves to be Rich

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
I always wonder what some of the truly great republican leaders would think about the current status of the republican party. Would Lincoln, who could have greatly benefited from a national health care system have looked so unfavorably on such a concept? Would Teddy Roosevelt, after using federal powers to protect vast areas of land from development, creating our national park system, have looked unfavorably towards the carbon cap policy?

The republican party of today sure isn't the party it used to be, when it actually represented ideals of common folk as opposed to big business.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Wow.....if someone of you think that Taxes have anything to do with the Debt or Deficits - it's the SPENDING. /sigh at the lack of ejumacation that's taught you people.

When household's Income decrease - most "normal" people ALSO lower their spending.

When a companies Income decreases - most "normal" companies ALSO lower their spending.

But yet Goverments?? When income increases - the still overspend that increase, when it decreases, they STILL increase spending.

(and just so some of you know - trickle down DOES work, but it's never been ALLOWED to be fully realized - the Gubment keeps stealing it.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]If that was the case, why after so many tax cuts, we're in recession? we should be jumping in pools of money right now. Such crazy comments to think that tax cuts for wealthy people create jobs.. tax cuts to companies can help with performance and increase jobs, but personally, if i have money, i'm gonna bloody keep it. not spend it elsewhere, Keep living in your bubble if that's what makes you happy.[/citation]

how many jobs have you been given by a person making less than 30k a year? Tax cuts for everyone! ESPECIALLY THE RICH!

dogman_1234

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
on top of that, between 1912 and 1920, both Dems and Reps were trying to out-bust each other on the Trust system. Whwn Teddy became president in 1904, first thing he did, bust Standard Oil...yes, a Rep busting an oil company. now, if ANY poiltitian trys to bust any business over anything form being a Trust..to outsourcing...they are posed as an enemy. You know why?: Lobbyists and money. We are in teh mess we are because of one thing: Greed.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
If trickle down does work then please point to one example when it has successfully worked. Until you can provide proof that it works with a good example it is nothing more than a theory.

Digital Dissent

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Thats nice but what ever happened to Bill Gates? Lets see...Jobs created a product that revolutionized the lives of the image and ease inclined in the United States. Gates produced a product that revolutionized the world...in the world. Jobs gives money to charity, and those in need. Gates gives alot more to charity and those in need. Jobs is a total sue happy arrogant a-hole. Gates is an average CEO... Really the pick here just gets easier and easier.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]shin0bi272[/nom]how many jobs have you been given by a person making less than 30k a year? Tax cuts for everyone! ESPECIALLY THE RICH![/citation]
Cutting the taxes on someone making $30k a year would allow them to spend more, which directly adds to the economy. Cutting taxes on the wealthy does not increase spending, because the wealthy only spend when it is economically safe to do so and the economy is in good shape. So by cutting taxes on the wealthy they just get larger bank accounts while the economy continues to stagnate.

How did those Bush tax cuts help us by the way? That bubble was great until it popped and the economy fell apart, didn't it?

Roffey123

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2008
[citation][nom]Chinchilla[/nom]Why should he be slapped? He was adopted at an early age, grew up in a modest home, co-founded Apple, turned it from almost nothing to one of the top companies in history, and fought/survived pancreatic cancer - pretty much considered a death sentence in the medical community. Just because you don't like Apple products doesn't mean you should hate Steve Jobs....he's neurotic but he deserves every friggin penny he has.[/citation]

Agreed, I hate the man's guts, but he deserves what he has.

Roffey123

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2008
[citation][nom]sandmanwn[/nom]You guys are morons. They leave every day. They've been leaving for decades. How do you small minded morons think we lost all that manufacturing. You poor idiots couldn't see the writing on the wall if it was tattooed to your eye lids.[/citation]
[citation][nom]sandmanwn[/nom]@SilmarunyaGive a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a life time.Your handout redistribution method leads people to be lazy and co-dependent on the state. Just ride around the ghetto and see this play out every day.You liberals are a plague on society. You are single destroying entrepreneurship in this country. The people are becoming lazy and fat off the government and people who actually succeed and businesses are running from this land more and more every year.[/citation]

/looks at the english people...

hmm, they seem to be doing alright to me, so does the health system, but hey, our economy is in better shape than yours.

But then again, what do we Brits know eh? Being Liberals and all.

MeanSquare

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
On topic: I was under the impression that the President didn't think anyone deserved to be rich as he seems to be intent on removing the present riches and the incentives to become so in the future. Ah well. Perhaps it's because Mr Jobs represents the "We know better than you." attitude that resonates so well with the current administration.

On comments:
Redistribution of wealth: I'm for it, as long as it's my decision to do so. Having someone else force me to contribute to people or causes they deem worthwhile is pretty worthless.
Level Playing Field: I'm for that as well as long as it's "equality of opportunity" and not "equality of results." It's difficult to see how someone could repeat Steve Jobs' (and Steve Wozniak's) success in todays environment, between the corporations using aggressive litigation and Congress confiscating wealth as it develops in order to attempt to legislate results.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]Soldier37[/nom]Have you ever gotten a job from a poor person? Im all about giving but Obama's philosophy is to take away from the ones that are successful and give to the lazy, deadbeats of the world. I dont agree with that. The Democrats want to punish you for being successful in this Country. Whats the incentive to make more than $250k a year if their just going to bend you over and break it off in you every year more and more?? A million dollars just isnt what it used to be because of this philosophy![/citation]
When has Obama EVER advocated giving money to the lazy? Do you consider teachers lazy? What about 9/11 responders? Are the troops lazy? Because he's increased their funding.

Bush was the one who sent out checks to everybody in the US expecting that to jumpstart the economy, that wasn't Obama. I think you have your presidents confused.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
you work hard your whole life, and things will turn out good for you. stop looking at other peoples' problems and focus on your own and you won't end up in the poverty like many people are. thats how you defeat politics right there.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]you work hard your whole life, and things will turn out good for you. stop looking at other peoples' problems and focus on your own and you won't end up in the poverty like many people are. thats how you defeat politics right there.[/citation]
That is, of course, unless you have a medical condition that prevents you or seriously inhibits you from working. Life ain't that simplistic.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]That is, of course, unless you have a medical condition that prevents you or seriously inhibits you from working. Life ain't that simplistic.[/citation]
darwinism then you should be shot for being a leech on society

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]2real[/nom]darwinism then you should be shot for being a leech on society[/citation]
Your using the internet aren't you? The internet was created by the government and is subsidized by tax dollars. So it looks like you're a bit of a leech yourself.

And just because I'm always curious, what exactly have you contributed so greatly to society that makes you of any importance at all in this living world?

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]sandmanwn[/nom]You guys are morons. They leave every day. They've been leaving for decades. How do you small minded morons think we lost all that manufacturing. You poor idiots couldn't see the writing on the wall if it was tattooed to your eye lids.[/citation]
you're an idiot a monkey could do manufacturing jobs maybe if you opened a book

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]Your using the internet aren't you? The internet was created by the government and is subsidized by tax dollars. So it looks like you're a bit of a leech yourself.And just because I'm always curious, what exactly have you contributed so greatly to society that makes you of any importance at all in this living world?[/citation]
i work and pay taxes therefore i'm not a leech if you can't work you should be shot

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
I work and pay taxes as well. I also enjoy defending those who need defending which I find as a good moral thing to do.

Now paying taxes isn't much of an accomplishment, in fact it requires very little effort at all and is something even a mentally handicap person working at McDonalds does. So do you have any accomplishments, or is merely paying taxes all you have? Pretty sad dude, I feel sorry for your parents.

zoridon

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2005
Ever hear of the housing bubble? that was redistribution of wealth in classic style. Give zero or very low interest loans to people who cant afford the payments if the housing market has a hiccup. I have a couple dirt bag brothers that could use a loan from you and would never pay you back. They are in your definition of the poor. In my experience you have to try to be poor in America. I believe anyone who works hard and makes responsible decisions can improve their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.