Obtaining replacement keyboard for iBuyPower Valkyrie CZ 17

Kyle Justin

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
Hi all,
I am attempting to replace a defective keyboard on my CZ 17 laptop. I know it's an easy fix; I have removed and replaced the keyboard a few times in the course of other repairs.
My problem is trying to obtain the keyboard in question. iBuyPower won't help unless I pay for shipping + return shipping, +$150 labor + the cost of the keyboard. They will not sell me a keyboard, and tell me that I cannot contact the manufacturer because the name of the company is confidential.
I am disappointed that such an easy DIY fix is impossible simply because customers aren't allowed to purchase the needed part.
Does anyone know an alternate way to buy a keyboard for this laptop? I have scoured the internet for quite some time with no luck so far.
Thank you!

Kyle Justin

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
Yes, that is my laptop.
It seems to match up in just about every vital way. A couple keys have different decals, and the model number ends with a 1 (mine ends in 2), but I'm optimistic that it will work.
I'll update on how the fix goes.

Yes, I would definitely like to know how it turns out! Also, please don't forget to choose the post that solved your question.

Those are the correct keyboards, unless they are selling something other than stated. Trust me.

Question: Does your keyboard light up one color at a time, or does it have three zones that can each be assigned its own specific color?