Of May 2018, should i buy a PS4(Slim) or a Gaming Laptop(MSI GL62M 7REX)?

ddaniyal

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
Im looking to buy one of these in 2 weeks, this laptop is for 800$ used(cant go higher than this, cuz budget) and the ps4 for 314$. The problem with deciding with buying the ps4 is the potential release of PS5 in 2-3 years. I want a gaming station that can last abt 4 years. And the games i want to be playing in the ps4 are

(some of these are not yet released)
, RDR 2, GTAV, Far cry 5, COD Black ops 4, FIFA, God Of War and the last of us and more...

i dont have ideas on games for the laptop yet, but im considering a laptop because of i have a interest in programming, gaming and also because i want to start getting into gaming right now but i can wait 1 year and get a much better laptop(16gb ram, i7, 1060 etc) in the 1100-1200$ range and also have a ps4 at the same time,but i have to decide now on what to do, what are your guys opinions on this? should i get the console or the laptop? i really need to get this fast. :)

(plus point: all my friends have a ps4 and play together, but only one of my friend has a gaming laptop)
thanks so much.

(Specs)
MSI GL62M 7REX

- i7 (7th gen)
- 1050TI (4g)
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Solution
In my opinion, getting a gaming laptop over a console will probably depend where the bulk of the games you want are supported on.

I started out with a gaming desktop about 5 years ago because most of the games I played were PC games or PC ports. Eventually I was gifted a PS4 so I've been able to play some console-only games for the past year. A lot of the games you listed are available for PC, so depending on your tastes you might want to start with a gaming laptop first.

That said, our sister site Laptop Mag does have some recommendations for gaming laptops here: https://www.laptopmag.com/gaming-laptops

Graybush

Estimable
In my opinion, getting a gaming laptop over a console will probably depend where the bulk of the games you want are supported on.

I started out with a gaming desktop about 5 years ago because most of the games I played were PC games or PC ports. Eventually I was gifted a PS4 so I've been able to play some console-only games for the past year. A lot of the games you listed are available for PC, so depending on your tastes you might want to start with a gaming laptop first.

That said, our sister site Laptop Mag does have some recommendations for gaming laptops here: https://www.laptopmag.com/gaming-laptops

Solution