robmar0se

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
Outlook: "The Folder Inbox could not be selected this may be because of a limitation of your IMAP server or the folder may have been deleted or moved."

I have called my ISP, Namesco, who deny problems on their Imap servers, and suggest the problem is at my end. Am using AVG 2012 free, no firewall other than that provided bt Windows,

Problem is intermittant, comes and goes, almost as if this is a timing issue.

Have done some preliminary searches on google, others have the issue, but see no documented solution.

nikorr

Distinguished
Try Thunderbird and stay problem free .... Let us know how it is : )
http://www.filehippo.com/download_thunderbird/

Thunderbird is a great email client from the same people who brought you the Firefox browser.

Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.

Tabbed email
An Archive feature similar to the one in GMail
Lightning fast search
Smart folders

robmar0se

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
Thanks for your reply, and appreciate yr enthusism for Thunderbird, unfortunately we can't go down that path.

I also appreciate as said, that this problem with Outlook 2007 IMAP processing is a documentied issue, I am looking for someone who can point me in the direction of a solution that they know has resolved the problem (googling it comes up with many iterations of the problem, but no solution).

Thank you

robmar0se

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
OK, but can u try, it will tell u if the problem is on your side or the ISP, no matter what they say : )
Googling this problem it is not an ISP problem as far as I can see - but could try your suggestion to eliminate this.

BTW, did u install the office as an upgrade.
clean install, importing pst files from outlook 2003 some 2 years ago - this problem is new within the last 5 weeks.