Office 2013 has to run in compatibility mode

Savage-wp

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
I have just built a PC and have installed windows 7 pro 64 bit on it. I have installed office 2013 home & business. When I try and run any office program, it gives an error on start-up.
I have found if i run the office programs in compatibility mode for windows xp, or I run them as an administrator, then they work fine. This is obviously not the right way of doing it. And I cannot use the quick search function in outlook while running as an admin.
Any idea's as to what can be causing this.

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Dear Lady/Sir,

Kindly I ask your attention. :)

Right click the program pictogram at the map under Start/Programs. Choose Proporties (or simular to it, the lowest in the list), choose Compatibility mode tabe and you can set it here all belos to 'Start up as Administrator'. Now you have no worries about it so far.

What you could do is check the Office version for Windows specs, I guess Windows 7 will be in the list.

What you could do too is, adding the Error Information to your question as an information code. That might help too.

Start your browser, search with different search engines and use different phrases:

Microsoft Office 2013 Home & Business Windows 7 x64 error
Microsoft Office 2013 Home & Business Windows 7 x64 (error code)

For example:

https://www.google.nl/?gws_rd=cr&ei=_uWhUtypOaqV0QWD8oCQDA#q=Microsoft+Office+2013+Home+%26+Business+Windows+7+x64+error

Here you will find a lot of links to go for.

Might be that you need an update or uninstall it and reinstall it acording to one of those links.

Hopefully I let you known enough, that you will find the answers you seek! :)

Good luck and have fun doing it! :)

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

PS:
Merry Chistmas & Best Wishes 2014! :)