Solved! Old 8mm camcorder not showing video when hooked up to tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpmeeeeplease

Estimable
Jun 25, 2018
I got an old Yashica KX H3 8mm camcorder on the weekend, you can watch old tapes on it through the lens and the sound works but when hooked up to the TV the video isn't showing up. When first hooking it up the video displayed for a few seconds before fading out.

It didn't work on an HDTV which I kind of expected but it also didn't work on an old tube TV. The camera came with the red, white and yellow cable, is it maybe the cable? There's also an s video slot on the camera but I don't have any of those cables.

Again, it plays video on the camera itself and audio on the TV but no video on the TV.

Solution
Do you have all three (yellow, red, white) plugged into the TV? Yellow is for the video signal and the red and white are for audio. The S-video carries a video but no audio signal and is suppposedly superior to the composite connection but not quite as common on TVs. If another cable does not work then it could be the port on the camera is bad.
Do you have all three (yellow, red, white) plugged into the TV? Yellow is for the video signal and the red and white are for audio. The S-video carries a video but no audio signal and is suppposedly superior to the composite connection but not quite as common on TVs. If another cable does not work then it could be the port on the camera is bad.

Solution

helpmeeeeplease

Estimable
Jun 25, 2018

Yeah they were all plugged into the TV, I tried both different red/white/yellow slots on each TV but none of them worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.