Old Sony B55 Replacement???

G

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv (More info?)

Hi

I have had two Sony B55's for several years and the stick's are starting to go. I am not
ready for HD and do not have OTA access as I live 150 miles from Miami. I currently use a
30" round dish, I tried the new oval disk and could only get one sat at a time..

What are the current models from Sony that I should look for. Or who is making the
"better" models these days,, when I got the B55's,, RCA was the pits, Hughes not much
better,, not sure anyone else was making DTV boxes..

I'll start looking on eBay.. or is there a vendor that is nice to old customers??

Thanks
Jim
An Old Parrot Head
In The Conch Republic
Just South of Reality

G

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv (More info?)

On Wed, 11 May 2005 18:50:36 -0400, <jj_bpk@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have had two Sony B55's for several years and the stick's are starting to go. I am not
>ready for HD and do not have OTA access as I live 150 miles from Miami. I currently use a
>30" round dish, I tried the new oval disk and could only get one sat at a time..
>
>What are the current models from Sony that I should look for. Or who is making the
>"better" models these days,, when I got the B55's,, RCA was the pits, Hughes not much
>better,, not sure anyone else was making DTV boxes..
>
>I'll start looking on eBay.. or is there a vendor that is nice to old customers??

Find a DirecTiVo. They can be had for $50 - $100 and will change your
life in a good way.