Old sony hts no scart to new samsung hdmi only

Oct 20, 2018
I have a sony dav srw4 with scart av out , audio in , sat in, red and white cable, and a samsung ue49ke647ou tv with hdmi, how can i connect together to get surround while watching tv.. i have a sky extra room box

Oct 20, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from seanie.sg : "Old sony hts no scart to new samsung hdmi only"

October 20, 2018 11:51:37 AM

I have a sony dav srw4 with scart av out , audio in , sat in, red and white cable, and a samsung ue49ke647ou tv with hdmi, how can i connect together to get surround while watching tv.. i have a sky extra room box
More about : sony hts scart samsung hdmi

Your TV should have composite or component video it, so you'll need just a proper Scart-to-RCA video cable. Scart-to-HDMI converter would be little bit more expensive, but will probably give you better picture.

As for audio, connect TV' optical out to Sony' Optical in, and configure TV sound options to use that output in PCM mode. If your Sky box has optical audio out, use it instead.

Oct 20, 2018
Im not that up on tech sorry, what i have done so far is get a scart lead which then converts into red white yellow cables, connected that all to the tv, connected optical cable to tv and hts, put to tv to external speakers and nothing.. !!!!. Would i put the optical cabke from sky box to hts? Sorry abiut this and thabks for the reply