Old stereo system w/cd players, want to play WIRELESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

alverachinquina

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
Greetings! Please HELP this damsel in distress...Can ANYONE out there advise me. I own like 600 CD's on a SONY audio system from like 1998. Receiver is connected to wired speakers, have double tape decks, multi 2 300 multi CD players, hooked up to gigantic floor speakers. I love my vibes! Everytime I ask in Best Buy they tell me there is NO WAY to get audio receiver to play to wireless speakers. Hey I'm a chick... I have no idea if its true. However, I just don't want to accept it, any HELP much appreciated.

Solution
Your receiver has a tape record output.
If you connect a bluetooth transmitter to that you can use any wireless bluetooth speaker. Anything you play on your big rig can be heard from that speaker. The volume of the main stereo won't affect the volume of the wireless speaker so you can turn that down if you don't want to hear both.
If you want something better you can use a Sonos Connect or HeosLink. It would add streaming services and internet radio to your old gear. It would also send audio to matching speakers for other rooms. Those speakers are controlled independently so you would not need to use the receiver for them at all.
It would cost more than the simple bluetooth but adds a lot more music and great control.
You could even...
Your receiver has a tape record output.
If you connect a bluetooth transmitter to that you can use any wireless bluetooth speaker. Anything you play on your big rig can be heard from that speaker. The volume of the main stereo won't affect the volume of the wireless speaker so you can turn that down if you don't want to hear both.
If you want something better you can use a Sonos Connect or HeosLink. It would add streaming services and internet radio to your old gear. It would also send audio to matching speakers for other rooms. Those speakers are controlled independently so you would not need to use the receiver for them at all.
It would cost more than the simple bluetooth but adds a lot more music and great control.
You could even rip all your CDs to a USB drive and play them all without the changers. All controlled by your smartphone or tablet,

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.