Old surround sound not working on Smart TV

drivinfast247

Proper
May 29, 2018
That wont work. You have the cable plugged into 2 inputs. The only way I see your setup working is if the soundbar has an optical input. You'd need to connect an optical cable from the output on the back of TV to input on soundbar.

Oct 10, 2018
Unfortunately the Surround Sound doesn't have optical input. If i got an optical cable for the TV is there such a thing as a converter etc that would allow me use the optical cable in some other input area in the Surround Sound ?
Cheers

Oct 10, 2018
Thank you drivinfast247 :) Seems to be only HDMI on the SS & on Smart TV it seems to be HDMI, VGA, AV, Optic Out and USB3. The Links to my photos are on my original post cheers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 3
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 4
D Streaming Video & TVs 3
V Streaming Video & TVs 5
J Streaming Video & TVs 4
C Streaming Video & TVs 4
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
Similar threads
Question Audio from streaming on Ruko tv to Surround sound not working
Question Getting surround sound from my streaming tv using my receiver, not working
I am unable to get my surround sound Dennon to work with my Samsung Smart TV while on Netflix. Can you help me?
How can i get the Dolby surround sound on my TLC to work on my Sony surround sound
Surround Sound Not Working
Solved! Can’t get surround sound working from smart tv
I have a surround sound with center speaker and 4 side speakers center speaker is the only one working
Trying to hook up my old Sony surround sound DVD player to my new samsung tv. I purchased an hdmi adapter. Sound works but pic
Can't ge connected surround sound to work with laptop, despite both connected to TV
How come my rear and center speaker s aren't not working oo my blue ray surround sound by the way u do a great job
How to I get my fire stick to work with my projector and my surround sound?
I have an older technics surround sound that does not have hdmi ports.... only rca ports.... My dvr works with the surround so
surround sound system stopped working
I can't get my surround sound to work with the fire stick, the surround sound works with the cable, but I can't get it
How do I get my Sony surround sound back speakers to work
I have a Samsung smart t.v. with surround sound. Can I get bluetooth wireless headphones to work?
rear 5.1 surround sound speakers don't work
I have a Panasonic home theater sa-pt673 and a Panasonic 50 inch TV. Surround sound will work when playing DVD but won't work
I've tried everything I can think of to get my Sony DAV-Z140 surround sound system to work with my new Philips 5000 series 4K
I have tv, receiver, surround sound, DVD player and telus optic. When I play DVDs, my wireless head phones don't work and I do

ASK THE COMMUNITY