Question Older ASUS K52F Webcam upside down in Win10

darkmatter2

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
I have an older ASUS K52F that originally ran Win7 64bit and webcam worked just fine. Wiped it clean with Win10 Pro 64bit and everything seems to be fine with the exception of the webcam which is upside down. The camera appears in Device Manager in the Cameras category as working ok.

I've been researching this quit a bit and have tried all sorts of things including installing the OEM Win7 drivers (matched Hardware IDs), which take, but then the camera moves from Cameras to Imaging Devices and the laptop no longer sees it under the Camera app, even after trying to reset it and other suggestions like adding a registry entry, etc. but no go. Uninstalling the driver brings back the camera, but again, upside down.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: wizedude
Jun 19, 2020
Hi did you get this resolved I have the same laptop and cannot get theis to work. I have tried everything to get this to work. I am assuming Asus wont help and i might have to buy another webcam.

darkmatter2

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Hi did you get this resolved I have the same laptop and cannot get theis to work. I have tried everything to get this to work. I am assuming Asus wont help and i might have to buy another webcam.

Unfortunately no, I wasn't able to find a resolution anywhere - tried many different supposed solutions and none of them worked. ASUS won't help at all since this laptop isn't meant to run Win10 and drivers for it are not available as far as I know.

If you find a solution please post!