Older Mitsubishi M-vr600 distorted sound

umm1

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
I am having a problem and wondering if anyone has any tips for fixing.
I have an older Mitsubishi M-vr600 receiver that I use in the garage. A couple months ago it started to distort the sound when first turned on and after a few minutes (like it needed to warm up) it would sound fine. Now it is constantly distorted. It sounds just like having it on a radio station with a poor signal. You can understand everything but it sounds like the antenna needs to be moved. It does it no matter what I am listening to (radio, I pod, cd). Does anyone know what may be causing this and how I can repair it? I don't think it is really worth taking to a repair shop. Thanks you in advance.

Solution
This sounds like a failing component. Unplug it, leave it for an hour or two, then take the cover(s) off. Look for bulged electrolytic capacitors around - in power supply, in amplifier path etc. If you find any, and are willing to jump the gun - read their parameters (voltage and capacitance), buy new ones, and replace them, being careful about polarity.
This sounds like a failing component. Unplug it, leave it for an hour or two, then take the cover(s) off. Look for bulged electrolytic capacitors around - in power supply, in amplifier path etc. If you find any, and are willing to jump the gun - read their parameters (voltage and capacitance), buy new ones, and replace them, being careful about polarity.

Solution