Olympus Digital camera stylus-9010

kmoras

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
When I switch on my camera, the zoom extends fully two times(goes back and forth) and then camera shuts down. Please let me know what can I do solve this.
I reset the camera to factory default and it did not work
I looked for software update for olympus stylus 9010 and it is not available. Please help

Could be a battery issue. According to the user manual "Using an exhausted battery may cause the camera to turn off without displaying the battery level warning". How old is the battery you are currently using? Do you take the battery out of the camera when you plan not to use the camera for a long period of time. Leaving the battery in the camera for an extended period of time when not in use will shorten the battery life.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/oima_cckb/STYLUS-9000_Mju-9000_Instruction_Manual_EN.pdf

kmoras

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
Dear kenrivers,
Thank you for the response. We have charged the battery and seen it. When we charge the LCD display shows that battery has been charged fully. Also, after your response I tried the backup battery. The camera responds the same way. I feel there is some software issue which makes it shut down the camera as soon as it is on.. Please help
Thanks
Kiran

Have you tried contacting Olympus (http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_consumercontact.asp?utm_source=getolympus&utm_campaign=topnav&utm_medium=website&utm_content=contact_support) regarding this problem? If I find a solution before you have tried them I will post it. Link to 9000 series firmware update: http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_downloads_updater_info.asp?utm_campaign=olympusStore&utm_medium=link&utm_source=olympusamerica.com&utm_content=oima_camera_updater

kmoras

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
Hi, I checked the battery and charged it. The camera says the battery is fully charged. It continues to open and shut 3 times before it completely shuts down.

I also tried to update the firmware. Olympus do not have any new version firmware update. They say I am already on the current version. Even if I can reload the same version I think it may work. Could you please guide me how to reload the firmware for STYLUS 9010 digital camera

Donna82

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
I had the same issue with olympus 9000 but it just kept switching itself off and then back on. I took battery out for a few weeks and it stopped. Then it started to turn itself on and do the same thing. Now it appears to be dead. Mine was 4 years old and I assume the cost to repair will be more than a new camera.

quotemsg=11059407,0,1350249]When I switch on my camera, the zoom extends fully two times(goes back and forth) and then camera shuts down. Please let me know what can I do solve this.
I reset the camera to factory default and it did not work
I looked for software update for olympus stylus 9010 and it is not available. Please help[/quotemsg]