? On OPTICAL (DIGITAL AUDIO OUTPUT) Port-Size On VIERA TC-P65VT30 HDTV

Karolynn

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
Hi,

I just inherited a Panasonic Plasma VIERA TC-P65VT30 1080p 3d HDTV. The Digital Audio (Optical) Output requires an adapter (Panasonic Part #K7CXGYC00002 - see https://panasonic.encompass.com ). The question is:

1. Is the male end of the adapter (part number listed) a "mini-TosLink" (S/PDIF), ie, 3.5 mm end?

2. If not, what is the [male plug] size (like a normal head phone plug) that would fit this port?

I'm wondering if a Female TosLink Cable w/ a Male mini-TosLink end would fit this TV instead of having to purchase this outrageously-priced cable adapter.

I've attached screen shots of the owner's manual connections (below) as well as the adapter and other connectors.

Here is the link to the page [11] of the owner's manual - under Operation Manuals - that shows where this port/connection is:

http://shop.panasonic.com/support-only/TC-P65VT30.html

3. Could I theoretically use 180-968_ALT_1.jpg
Toslink to Mini Optical Adapter from https://www.parts-express.com
Part # 180-968 instead?

Any other options/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your help and time.- Karolynn

The adapter you link to is a standard one but without the dimension of the hole in the panasonic you can't be sure it will fit.
You could just remove the connector off the end of a toslink cable, put the tube into the hole, and tape in. Since there is no electrical contact it just needs to be secure enough to stay in place. Even if it doesn't fit the light will still travel through it.

The adapter you link to is a standard one but without the dimension of the hole in the panasonic you can't be sure it will fit.
You could just remove the connector off the end of a toslink cable, put the tube into the hole, and tape in. Since there is no electrical contact it just needs to be secure enough to stay in place. Even if it doesn't fit the light will still travel through it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 7
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 5
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 4
G Streaming Video & TVs 6