One fan cooling

Saman_Hasaan

Estimable
May 6, 2015
Hello
I want to buy a gaming laptop,this model (ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS71 15.6-Inch FHD Gaming Laptop, NVIDIA GTX960M)but it has only one fan. As i noticed and read about most gaming laptops have two fans. One fan for CPU the other one for GPU.
1.Can one fan alone protect laptop's temperature? And can 2.one fan cool down both CPU and GPU?

Solution
It can, but if you're pushing it hard and for long periods of time, you're likely to encounter heat issues. Even units with dual fans often have heat issues during extended gaming. I'd look around a bit longer and find a model with dual fans if you plan to do so with demanding games and higher settings which will generate more heat.
It can, but if you're pushing it hard and for long periods of time, you're likely to encounter heat issues. Even units with dual fans often have heat issues during extended gaming. I'd look around a bit longer and find a model with dual fans if you plan to do so with demanding games and higher settings which will generate more heat.

Solution
I'm not aware of cooling issues with the Y50, just that some of the displays on certain models leave a bit to be desired. Your best bet is probably to base your opinion and purchase decision on a combination of professional reviews and Newegg/Amazon reviews as they reflect any issues that seem to be commonly reported in higher than normal majorities of those reviews. If half the reviews all report a similar problem, you can usually assume it IS a problem. If one of every ten reports it, it MIGHT be a problem. If a few have the same issue listed, the problem is more likely to be with THEM than with the hardware.