Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver issue's

mitchmatch

Estimable
May 3, 2014
Recently I had found my receiver in safe mode after following a guide it started working again, but now at random moments the recover will make a popping/ clicking sound then the audio and video cuts out momentarily also so of the HDMI ports won't output HDMI anymore? Thanks for any help!

Solution

Time to start a conversation with Onkyo.

I recently replaced my 3-4 year old Onkyo TXNR-414. due to a semi similar issue.
It would take several minutes to actually start up. Or a few times...hours.
Replaced it with a Denon.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Sounds like a warranty issue.
There really isn't a lot you can fix on those.

XaveT

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
Either what USAFRet said or the HDMI circuit on your output device isn't maintaining sync.

I've had exactly what you described as a problem trying to run Linux on my media center PC connected to my Onkyo. I searched for an actual solution for weeks and got nowhere. It got so annoying I went back to Windows 7, which appropriately maintains sync with the old Radeon drivers.

What device is connected to your current input on the Onkyo?

Also, does the issue go away if you connect to a different HDMI in?

mitchmatch

Estimable
May 3, 2014
. February 28, 2017 2:45:07 PM
XaveT
Either what USAFRet said or the HDMI circuit on your output device isn't maintaining sync.

I've had exactly what you described as a problem trying to run Linux on my media center PC connected to my Onkyo. I searched for an actual solution for weeks and got nowhere. It got so annoying I went back to Windows 7, which appropriately maintains sync with the old Radeon drivers.

What device is connected to your current input on the Onkyo?

Also, does the issue go away if you connect to a different HDMI in?

The device I have plugged in is an Xbox one and I just turned it on and it's been running fine for the past 40 minutes

USAFRet

Illustrious

Time to start a conversation with Onkyo.

I recently replaced my 3-4 year old Onkyo TXNR-414. due to a semi similar issue.
It would take several minutes to actually start up. Or a few times...hours.
Replaced it with a Denon.

Solution
Onkyo has an out of warranty repair policy on some receivers that had defective HDMI chips that can cause a lot of problems. Check if your model is covered. They will send you new packing and pay for shipping both ways.
If you google your make model and hdmi problems you will find replacement boards and info on how to repair it.