Question Online games keep freezing every 5 seconds (PC)

May 3, 2020
A few days ago I started having an issue where if I was playing an online game, about every 5 seconds it would freeze for about 10 seconds and then when it unfroze, the ping would shoot up then come down right after. This happens nonstop, basically making online games unplayable. All my other games that aren't online work completely fine. I don"t know if I should maybe get a new wifi adapter, but I've only had mine for 6 months and don't even know if that's the issue. My internet has worked completely fine before this for games and also works for everything else other than games, so i am really confused as to what could be wrong.

May 3, 2020
A few days ago I started having an issue where if I was playing an online game, about every 5 seconds it would freeze for about 10 seconds and then when it unfroze, the ping would shoot up then come down right after. This happens nonstop, basically making online games unplayable. All my other games that aren't online work completely fine. I don"t know if I should maybe get a new wifi adapter, but I've only had mine for 6 months and don't even know if that's the issue. My internet has worked completely fine before this for games and also works for everything else other than games, so i am really confused as to what could be wrong.
can i know the kind of online game?

May 3, 2020
It may be caused by system file corruption. In this first, run System File Checker and view if any system files missing or corrupted. If there are, the sfc /scannow command (System File Checker) will repair them. Run Command Prompt as administrator.
Tried this and it says everything is fine. I've now noticed that it does this all the time, not only playing games, but only on my computer. I bought a new network adapter and that did not solve the problem.