Online video's (YouTube, streams) start lagging after a few minutes

Sep 19, 2018
Hi
I have a GTX 1060 6GB and when I watch a YouTube video or online stream on a forum or such, after 5-10 minutes of watching the video starts lagging and my gpu usage goes to 90-100%. The fix for this problem is moving my cursor, and then it shoots back to 14%. Is there any solution to fix this permanently?
All my drivers and programs are up to date.

Solution
90% GPU usage? That's hard to achieve without playing latest and greatest games, no way that youtube would do it by itself.

There is a good chance that y have some malware installed and running in the background, probably cryptocurrency miner.

Check task manager for any suspicious processes. Try disabling all starrtup items and check your system for malware.

Does it happen also when in safe mode?

shknawe

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Go to power settings and turn off any power saving settings. It sounds like your computer is shutting down power because it thinks you are no longer at computer. When you move cursor its telling the computer you are there and power comes back on. Make sure you have hardware enabled, not cpu, in your browser for viewing videos. Also turn on task manager while the gpu goes to 90 percent usage to see what program is using that much power and see if you can fix that.

Sep 19, 2018

Thanks, what exact setting would that be? Everything in Advanced Power Saving settings is turned off.

I opened Task Manager and the ones consuming the most power are 2 different proccesses, both around 45%.
The programs are dwm.exe and csrss.exe / runtime process for client server

herrwizo

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
90% GPU usage? That's hard to achieve without playing latest and greatest games, no way that youtube would do it by itself.

There is a good chance that y have some malware installed and running in the background, probably cryptocurrency miner.

Check task manager for any suspicious processes. Try disabling all starrtup items and check your system for malware.

Does it happen also when in safe mode?

Solution