OnLive Gaming Service Launches; 1st Year is Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I'm going to watch and see what the gullible people say about it before I comment on this, but NO I will not be trying this for the time being. I like physically owning my games.

jaxom08

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
THERE IS NO WHERE TO ACTUALLY "SIGN UP",THEY HAVE THE STUPID FOUNDING MEMBERS PROGRAM BUT THATS IT. you have to wait to get an e-mail from them just to see if you're accept. if they really wanted this thing to take off,they would have made it more readily available at this so called launch. as for now it's junk and nothing more then a website

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]gosefroba[/nom]i was in the beta and would not recommend, i have a 45mbit down and 20 up still lagged bad![/citation]
if this is the case, then i dont see it working...

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]Why no linux support ? It must be hell of a lot easier to port this than an actual game.[/citation]

That's pretty pathetic. I thought the whole point of this system was anyone regardless of system specs could use the service anywhere and anyhow in the "Cloud". Jesus OnLive is failing already at its purpose.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]bison88[/nom]That's pretty pathetic. I thought the whole point of this system was anyone regardless of system specs could use the service anywhere and anyhow in the "Cloud". Jesus OnLive is failing already at its purpose.[/citation]

Its JUST launched. given them a while, jeesus.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
"Ninety-nine percent haven't had any lag complaints," said Perlman

I hope 99% of their testers weren't users with ridiculous internet packages, because for some reason I don't see this being viable in Canada for a long fucking time....$40+ per month for 800 ish kps dl speed and caps no higher than 60 gigs ftl

filmman03

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
got to demo OnLive at E3 this year... not too bad. barely noticeable lag. if they can perfect this service, i think they may have a chance up against consoles and pc, which is sorta a shame, but good for those who can't afford awesome gaming pc's or consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.