OnLive Unveils iPad/Android Tablet App, Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

so how much data is moving over your connection? how fast do you hit your cap?

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
wasnt too psyched about the gaming, but the browsing feature was pretty cool. People who have an ipad can game and have good flash support.

G

Who wants to have multiple subscription fees? You already are forced to get a costly data plan for your tablet, why do you want to pay an additional monthly service fee, only to eat up your very limited bandwidth causing even more charges.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
We Europeans are still waiting for OnLive!

I don't see the point of having OnLive on mobile devices. Most people don't have fast, uncapped internet connections when they are not at home.

exfileme

Splendid
Jan 6, 2008
You don't have to option for the OnLive subscription. You can do the 3 or 5-day rental or "purchase" the game to play whenever, wherever you want.

G

This guy got a little over-zealous about how good the graphics *could* look. Game companies are still using dx9 for graphics. They're not going to suddenly spend 2x 4x 8x 16x or 32x as much money and time to make games like he described for the same price point. I think we all know $60 is about the max you could ever hope to get for a game, regardless of how it looks. Unless he's wanting us to time-warp back to the days of the Neo-Geo and actually accept those prices, we'll never see games like that for mass consumption. Every game is an investment or a downright gamble until it hits the "shelves" (retail, digital, etc).

G

I guess also Microsoft and Sony don't have to release new consoles. Their current systems can embrace onlive or create their own copycats and watch onlive whither away.

G

I'm curious to see the day when a company is formed and wholly exists on the internet. All of your employees get ready for work and log into onlive, then into their own company's app, fully 3d modeled office space complete with desks, conference rooms, breakrooms, etc... all the typical stuff you'd need to help you settle in and accept your new virtual work environment. Then the business actually conducts business in this manner from top to bottom, minus the janitors of course. That'd be a more interesting adaptation of this technology in my opinion. But yeah, gaming on your lunch break would be sweet, no? :D

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
[citation][nom]exfileme[/nom]I love OnLive, and will love it even more when it can stream Unreal Tournament 3 to my Xperia PLAY. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTNESS[/citation]

I am hoping to do the same. I picked up the Xperia Play last week, and I am absolutely LOVING this phone.

chaos133

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
It sounds like a good idea in theory, but realistically theirs going to be a lot of lag when streaming a whole game over the internet, even if your in a country with the top of the range connection, when Onlives servers starts to get overloaded expect to play games at 10FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.