My HP laptop keyboard doesn't work. Only a few fn keys work. I have recently added nothing to my laptop. It started when I put my laptop to sleep by closing the lid then when I opened it, discovered that the keyboard didn't work and it hadn't actually been put to sleep.
I've already tried rebooting and I am not administrator on the laptop. Please help me.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then test it again.
- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- If all those keys are working just fine it's time to replace the keyboard.