Open office spreadsheet conversion issue

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
okay, so i've been having a few bug issues. I tried to download a thing to allow me to convert the open office data to google docs data and it won't work. i read others have that issue.

so i got M-office off a friend and when i open the open office doc. it doesn't carry ANY of the actual Cell data. Any solutions to this?

When attempting to save as XML on open office it requests for Java runtime environment. Which I installed java twice. did nothing. If there's a specific download from java i need to get that to work anyone know the link? i couldn't find it.

nhasian

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
okay if I understood you correctly you have a file that loads and works in open office but you are unable to save it in a format that google docs or MS Office can read? is that correct?

Not only does Google docs support Open Office's native .ODT and .ODS but it also support Microsoft's .XLS and .XLSX as well.

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
it opens in those 2 but with no cell data. it just shows the value the cell data gives.
Ie cellB+CellC=500. It'll only show the 500. Not the rest of the data when i open the open office document in Microsoft or google docs.

However, When On open office i can view the cell data and everything I try to Save it to 2003 XML excel it asks for something about java. which i installed.

But, thankfully i did find a workaround. Since i couldn't save it as a newer version of excel i saved it as an older version and then M-office was able to open the file With the cell data. Which i then used M-office to save it as a more current file type.