Solved! optical cable connector will not fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2019
I have a Toshiba TV model # 40G300U1. I'm trying to use a optical cable between the TV and a AV receiver. My problem is the optical cable (3 different cables i've tried) plug into the av receiver just fine, but will not plug into the Toshiba TV. The plug in end will only go in half way and will not go further. Are there different optical cable ends that have shorter plug ins? Any advice.
Thanks, Gary

Solution
Yes, i did remove the rubber caps on the cable. The cables are.... Amazon basic and another is AR. I'll try to tape the cable in place and see if that works, and i haven't tried turning the speakers off in the tv either.
Thanks

The square optical ports can have the little door break and that would keep the cable connection very loose, but it should still fit in all the way, just not be stable.
The TV seems to have a standard Toslink jack. Could there be something in it to keep the plug from going in enough to lock in place?
So long as you can see a red light at the other end of the cable you can just tape the plug in position at the TV end.
Check the TV manual on how to use the optical out. You may need to turn it on and turn the TV speakers off.

Jul 14, 2019
Yes, i did remove the rubber caps on the cable. The cables are.... Amazon basic and another is AR. I'll try to tape the cable in place and see if that works, and i haven't tried turning the speakers off in the tv either.
Thanks

Thanks

The square optical ports can have the little door break and that would keep the cable connection very loose, but it should still fit in all the way, just not be stable.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.