steven241

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
i installed several blu-ray drives and almost every blu-ray software there is, still can not get blu-ray or dvd movies to play

nikorr

Distinguished
arrow_up.png

I agree with area51reopened, top choices!

steven241

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

Thanks for the response. I need to explain I only own Blu-Ray Slim drives, I found recently that the only Computer I could use was Toshiba M645 - S4114 to play Blu-Ray movies it uses Coral WinDVD10 designed for Toshiba. It only reads Blu-Ray.

I found that if I replaced the Slim Drive Blu-Ray Player with Slim drive Sony Optiarc BD RW BD-5730S It can Write Data on a Blu-Ray Disc and Play Blu-Ray movies.

I bought it from newegg yet its Out of Stock: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118037

Its firmware can be found at this location: http://www.sony-optiarc.us/en/products/slim-line-drives/bd-5730s

Its Out of Stock at SuperBiz too:
http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=BD-5730S

If someone needs I found one at http://www.dhgate.com/sony-optiarc-bd-5730s-01-slim-blu-ray-dvdrw/p-ff808081342a90fa013454c5385523fa.html

If I were to search some more I might find others, or some one knows, other combatible slim drives

Computers that play Blu-Ray discs have to deal with High-Definition Copy Protection (HDCP). This is a system involving both software but also hardware chips that are placed in equipment that might be used to play Blu-Ray content. Because the manufacturers of blue Ray discs do not want unauthorized copy of their material, and because digital copying is the worse for them since no quality is lost and mass copying is easier to accomplish, manufacturers place HDCP on Blu-Ray discs frequently. These should HDCP copy protection is more common at this time than when Blu-Ray first came out.
The HDCP system is easy to understand and it is annoying. If a Blu-Ray disc is manufactured with HDCP copy protection, then when it is played the Blu-Ray disc asks the player whether the player, and every other device in the signal transmission train has a little HDCP chip in it. This is something the manufacturer had to build in. The devices that must have this chip are the Blu-Ray player itself, video card, any switches that switch the video before it gets to the monitor or the TV, and the monitor or the TV itself. If a Blu-Ray disc with HDCP is played on a simple set top Blu-Ray player then that player as well as a TV also must to have this chip.
If an HDCP encoded disc is played on equipment without the chip-that is not "HDCP compliant"- the disc either will not play or will play with reduced video resolution,or may play without the fancier types of audio-play in simple two channel stereo rather than 7.1
Additionally the single chain must be all digital. If HDCP compliant equipment is connected together with any analog connectors then Blu-Ray's with this copy protection will not play. The most common place this will occur is connecting into the monitor. If playing from a computer, using the DVI or HDMI cable is necessary. The old-fashioned analog computer monitor cable will transmit the image to the monitor well but will disrupt the copy protection. Similarly set top Blu-Ray players which are connected to the monitor or TV using the composite connectors-the three red blue and green jacks-will disrupt the copy protection. The high-definition image will get through on non-copy protected material however. If all of the equipment is HDCP compliant than switching over to a DVI or HDMI cable is all that is needed under these two circumstances.
The situation is a little bit more complicated if there are two monitors. Most of the time as long as one of these is HDCP compliant -- and is connected with a digital cable -- the discs will play. Sometimes the window playing the Blu-Ray material can even be played on the analog monitor.
Usually the documentation of each piece will state that it is HDCP compliant. Sometimes checking that is what's needed to determine which part might need to be replaced.

Sevenforums.com

steven241

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
I know how Area 51 gets sarcastic about answering older questions, yet just like the other one, nothing was written to explain I should not.

Therefore I need to explain SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5450 or whatever it was. It was not the best one to use, or Gigabyte Nvida GeForce 210 (GV-N210D3-1GI) - with Easy Boost.

My purpose in writing this is to explain it was not the best one for Dell Optiplex 745 Small Form Factor. Therefore prevent someone from using the wrong one, it creates a heat problem, I found while testing Video Cards.

The best one, I found at the moment, while testing, was:

MSI N210-MD1G/D3 GeForce 210 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127515&Tpk=n210-md1g%2fd3

The reason why, is, that there is not much difference in temperature, when the Computer is off or on. It may sound louder yet, it gets better the more you use and creates more air flow.