Other brand pc speakers that compete against logitech z623?

shadybk

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
I don't know much about pc speakers but after doing some research I am thinking about going with the logitech z623: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-980-000402-Speaker-System-Black/dp/B003VAHYTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458581768&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+z623

I would definitely buy them if they had bluetooth, but they don't so I want to continue looking at other options before I decide to buy these.

I don't know what brands are better than logitech when it comes to pc speakers so what brand or specific speaker model should I compare to the logitech z623 before making my decision?

I am mainly looking for speakers that have amazing clear sound, good power/base would be nice but I don't need a crazy amount of power/bass.

Thanks in advance!!

Solution
dude as I said unless you hear them first your just guessing and chance how your ears will take them what may sound good to me or him or some guy down the street may sound like crap to your ears .. lots of what you read can just fall under hype [sales pitch]

why I said buy local like order from wal mart or best buy and if they suck just take them back that day not all the mai lorder -e-mail rma go round - cross shipping re packing wait for weeks for the return or rma gets rejected and now your stuck [that could be at some extra cost to you]

order from wal mart and if no good walk in to wal mart put it on the service desk give receipt to girl get money back . try another set

may just have a nice set right in...

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
thing is with speakers its a personal preference thing ... what sounds good to my ears may not to yours everybodys hearing aint the same like when you buddies jump in to the car and start adjusting the raido ''caus it sounds tinny'' something to them but sounded just right to you??

I use the older z-3 and sounds good to me

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121114

I guess the best thing to do is go to someplace like best buy so you can ''hear '' them I real life on display not buy deaf and hope they sound good after the fact

good luck

shadybk

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015

do you know any audio franchises because the best buy's near me only have surround sound systems (5.1 or 7.1) systems on display, not computer speakers or any 2.1 systems?

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
wow you would thing best buy had a wider selection and 2.1 are poplar for computer use ?? go figure ... I recall they use to have all that hooked up and on display to play around with .. maybe they don't care anymore ? did you ask them to hook them up anyway ?

I gopt mine from walmart way back when [there like 13 years old now or something [z-3] ]

I got creative speakers that I ordered ''deaf'' and they just don't sound good no matter how I adjust them out just flat blaaa... - and why I say best to try to hear them for your self first or your just buying them ''deaf'' and don't know what you get until after the fact.

you may get great sounding set then you maybe disappointed ?? I guess mail ordering something like that is the risk taken

funny thing I went in to a local goodwill thrift shop to kill some time and found a set of bose 2.1 's for like 5 bucks that sounded [to me ] better then the 60 buck creative I had ?? then you may hear the creatives I got and think there great sounding and love 'em ??

also you buy through best buy or walmart if they suck you just take them right back for exchange for another brand or set or refund on the spot
http://www.walmart.com/browse/electronics/computer-speakers/3944_3951_132959_645320_132902?cat_id=3944_3951_132959_645320_132902&facet=category:Speakers

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=2.1%20speakers&cat_id=3944

ProtoflareX

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014

I don't know what your budget is, but I would strongly advise you not to purchase the Z623's. I was looking to upgrade my audio a few months ago and purchased the Z623's to serve as an upgrade to my budget Logitech Z130's. I thought the higher price indicated higher quality. Hell, was I wrong, they are most definitely not worth the price. I returned them and ended up getting the Rosewill SP-7260's instead, which are around the same price. They sound excellent in my opinion and gave me the audio upgrade I was looking for. You said you wanted strong bass though, so they might not be for you unless you want to add in a dedicated sub. The combination of the SP-7260's and a dedicated sub would definitely provide higher sound quality than the Z623's, but if you want an all in one 2.1 set, I would recommend the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 over the Z623's.

shadybk

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015

I said I prefer speakers with better/clearer sound than better bass. So I am guessing is speakers are THX certified than it doesn't mean they will sound good?

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
dude as I said unless you hear them first your just guessing and chance how your ears will take them what may sound good to me or him or some guy down the street may sound like crap to your ears .. lots of what you read can just fall under hype [sales pitch]

why I said buy local like order from wal mart or best buy and if they suck just take them back that day not all the mai lorder -e-mail rma go round - cross shipping re packing wait for weeks for the return or rma gets rejected and now your stuck [that could be at some extra cost to you]

order from wal mart and if no good walk in to wal mart put it on the service desk give receipt to girl get money back . try another set

may just have a nice set right in the store you can look at and feel and inspect

Solution