Outlook email with Verizon

Payntrain

Estimable
Dec 16, 2014
Someone I know has an outlook account with Verizon email. They said they're having some sort of trouble. I did not get very many details. I am just looking for some advice to see if anyone might know if there is a common problem with this

Solution

You log in with your verizon account information on the AOL webmail site. This is how all @verizon.net email is accessed now.

Martell1977

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Not sure what you mean. Is the account similar to mine? I use Outlook (Part of MS Office) to access my @verizon.net email account. Is that what you are speaking of?

Verizon transferred their email services to AOL, so for webmail, they will need to register and log into AOL webmail. In Outlook, no settings changed to retrieve the emails.

Martell1977

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010

You have to login in to AOL webmail at least once to "activate" it. It will probably work after that. If not, make sure the password still matches and the server settings didn't change.

For me, it worked after I went into it the first time and since I am using the same password as before, Outlook worked as before.

Payntrain

Estimable
Dec 16, 2014
She said outlook is blank and got deleted. So I think I need to go to programs and repair it or reinstall. Are you talking about mail.aol.com? I also figured I would make sure the ports are right as well as the incoming out going server addresses