Packard bell p7ys0

hubone

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
My laptop is pretty old but overall I've taken a good care of it and it runs smoothly and nice. The problem is that about a couple of months ago as I was sitting and watching some series it suddenly stopped charging. I re-plugged the charger and it would work for a minute or so. I tried various things and ended up buying and replacing the Dc Jack, but in vain. The same thing happens. I plug it in, it turns on and stops charging after approximately 3 minutes. I tried to take out the battery but it shuts down (like the power source is being plugged off), when I have the battery in, right after typing in my password it says that the charger isn't plugged in and when I re-plug it, it charges for a few seconds only before saying again that the charger isn't plugged in. I don't know what else to do :/

It could be the battery needs replacing or the charger does. Since it is saying that the charger isn't connected, but sometimes it registers, I would start to think that the charger is not delivering consistent power and it is causing this issue. If that is the case, the only fix is to replace it.

hubone

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
I think it might be a softwear related issue. When i tried to do system restore from the windows 10 options and the laptop stayed on for about 2 hours while doing the changes. After it finished I tried to do some updates and it closed again after a few minutes. I think it might be also some Virus since my girlfriend's laptop has the same issue. It closes after some time of using. Up to 40 minutes though. Both laptops are charged with the same charger and have no batteries in them. I have the battery for my laptop but I keep it out since the laptop has the problem. I will try doing a format on both of them and see what it brings me

hubone

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
I have formated both laptops and they both close after Cortana finishes introducing herself. Any other ideas why might that happen? I have no other ideas here :/