Pairing a Yamaha RX-V485 with a Sony WH1000XM2 Bluetooth headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bat Boy 42

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
I update the firmware.

Set up is PC to AV to TV (no speakers whatsoever).

I want to pair the headphones so I can listen to the PC audio through the AV and not directly through the PC.

It turns out pairing Bluetooth headphones to AV is an ordeal, please help.

Thanks!

Reactions: IT-IT
Solution
Ok I got it, it was my mistake (didn't contact customer service).

Steps:

1) Update the firmware of you RX-V485. YOU NEED TO DO THIS, otherwise the "Device Search" option won't appear.

2) Lets say you have your TV connected on input HDMI1. While on HDMI1 press and hold the power button on your headphones until you hear the "Bluetooth pairing" prompt.

3) On your remote control press: Setup>Bluetooth>Device Search

4) When your headphones appear, select them by pressing Enter. Done.

My silly mistake was thinking you needed to use the Bluetooth button on your remote control.

Bat Boy 42

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016

As I understand it I should be able to directly pair the headphones with the AV. At least that's what they advertise:

"In and out.
The RX-V485 is equipped with Bluetooth technology, making wireless operation more convenient than ever. You can stream music from the RX-V485 to Bluetooth headphones for private listening or to Bluetooth speakers. Bluetooth output has been improved, reducing lip sync delays from digital sources."

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/av_receivers_amps/rx-v485_u/index.html

Or am I wrong?

Bat Boy 42

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016

Thank you for your response.

I will contact Yamaha's customer service and will update the thread if necessary.

Bat Boy 42

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016

Steps:

1) Update the firmware of you RX-V485. YOU NEED TO DO THIS, otherwise the "Device Search" option won't appear.

2) Lets say you have your TV connected on input HDMI1. While on HDMI1 press and hold the power button on your headphones until you hear the "Bluetooth pairing" prompt.

My silly mistake was thinking you needed to use the Bluetooth button on your remote control.

Solution
Feb 14, 2019

Steps:

hi which version firmware update do you need? i am considering to buy an v485 with the capability of connecting to my bluetooth headphone. thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.