Pairing dilemma.....

Emperus

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
I've recently upgraded by sound card from an age old creative sound blaster live 24 bit to an asus xonar essence stx.. Now am looking for a good headphone set to pair up with the sound card within my max budget of 200$.. I am no audiophile but i do have a wide music collection ranging across very many genres.. I mostly listen to audio cd's (i use wmp for ripping).. I am an avid gamer too.. I've no attraction to movies and i care very much less for a surround effect as my desktop speakers are also a 2.1 composition.. Currently am looking at the Sennheiser HD 515 G4ME as they are reviewed to be good for both music and gaming.. Are they really good or there are better alternatives.? My first preference is accurate audio reproduction.. Gaming performance is essential but secondary.. Also i want something which would stay comfortable on my ears for long hours of listening on a stretch..

Emperus

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Thanks for the quick response but the link is not working for me.. Could you convey the model directly please.? I could only figure out that its a Bose make from the link address..

lazyperson17

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Model

Brand Bose®

Model Around-Ear

Type Over the Ear

General SPEC

Connector 3.5mm/ 6.3mm
Ear Coupling Circumaural
Cord Length 3.0 feet - 5.0 feet
Weight 5 oz.

Features

Features TriPort® acoustic headphone structure, available only from Bose, produces tonally balanced audio with deep low notes from lightweight, around-ear headphones.

Bose acoustic equalization fine-tunes the frequency response of the headphones for exceptional audio performance.

Proprietary earcup cushions help ensure quality audio performance and a comfortable fit for extended periods of time.

Adjustable headband allows up to three inches of adjustment in length.

Drawstring carry bag for storing and transporting headphones and included extension cord and adapters.

Emperus

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Well am through with my testing.. Sennheiser, for me, sounded more impressive as compared to the available BOSE solutions.. So, am sticking to the HD 515 G4ME.. Thanks for all the help provided..