panasonic lumix DMC-TS3

dlhaas

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
I have a panasonic lumix DMC-TS3. It's a waterproof camera. The last time I attempted to use it,I inserted the battery and the camera would not power on. However, the flash came on and stayed on until the battery was removed. Now the camera still won't power on and the flash now comes on when the shutter button is pressed. Any thoughts?

Solution
It is time to replace your camera. It is far from new, a 5 year old pocket camera. Your time spent toubleshooting is time you are paying yourself very poorly.

A new one will give you better images. A lot has changed since 2011.

If you can't afford a new one, buy one used. A 5yr old P&S is not going to cost you much more than a pizza.

If you have some special attachment to this camera, you can either send it in for repair. Panasonic can do it. Some 3rd party repair places can too, but the repair costs will exceed the replacement costs.

bjornl

Estimable
It is time to replace your camera. It is far from new, a 5 year old pocket camera. Your time spent toubleshooting is time you are paying yourself very poorly.

A new one will give you better images. A lot has changed since 2011.

If you can't afford a new one, buy one used. A 5yr old P&S is not going to cost you much more than a pizza.

If you have some special attachment to this camera, you can either send it in for repair. Panasonic can do it. Some 3rd party repair places can too, but the repair costs will exceed the replacement costs.

Solution

dlhaas

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016

I agree that it's not worth sending it in for repairs. It takes decent pictures under water during scuba diving trips, however it hasn't had a lot of use for its age. Thought it was worth asking if it was a simple issue. Thanks for the input.