Dec 15, 2020
I currently have a gaming desktop with an i7 + rx 580 8gb. I wanted to figure out how I could stream my games over wifi to my laptop. The desktop is connected to a tp-link repeater (WA850REN300) using ethernet and the laptop is connected though the onboard wifi card (Intel). The main home router is a Nokia G-140W-C dual band. I was able to use Parsec and stream a few games, but the experience could definitely be improved . Apparently Parsec uses LAN to stream the games if both devices are on the same Wifi network. The issue is that it's actually streaming over the internet and I have like a 7ms ping. How do I make it stream over LAN only? This should improve the Ping and the overall experience. I have a 100Mbps connection at home.

Solution
I'm aware of the hindrances that I may face, but if I can get both devices on the same 5ghz network, then my experience is improved greatly. Users are reportedly able to stream 4k 60fps without any lag. So I just need to get the right hardware. Can you tell me the best way to connect my desktop to my home router? It's a dual band router so 5ghz would be preferred.

With a WiFi card or ethernet. Ethernet is best in pretty much any situation. Seems you already have a connection to the router though. Obviously the higher end equipment you can afford the better speeds you will get.
By stream games do you mean you want to use the laptop as a remote connection to the computer, playing the game on the laptop screen and keyboard? That usually never works well over the network, even local one, too much video and input lag. Steam has an option https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...date-changes-in-home-streaming-to-remote-play

You can also simply do a remote desktop connection but that may have video lag worse than the dedicated gaming setups for this.

Dec 15, 2020
By stream games do you mean you want to use the laptop as a remote connection to the computer, playing the game on the laptop screen and keyboard? That usually never works well over the network, even local one, too much video and input lag. Steam has an option https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...date-changes-in-home-streaming-to-remote-play

You can also simply do a remote desktop connection but that may have video lag worse than the dedicated gaming setups for this.

I'm aware of the hindrances that I may face, but if I can get both devices on the same 5ghz network, then my experience is improved greatly. Users are reportedly able to stream 4k 60fps without any lag. So I just need to get the right hardware. Can you tell me the best way to connect my desktop to my home router? It's a dual band router so 5ghz would be preferred.

With a WiFi card or ethernet. Ethernet is best in pretty much any situation. Seems you already have a connection to the router though. Obviously the higher end equipment you can afford the better speeds you will get.

Solution