Partitioning Laptop SSD

Marios_543

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
I have just bought a new laptop with a 250 GB SSD (224GB on Windows File Explorer because there is also a 12.7GB Recovery partition). I would like to partition my laptop in order to have a seperate partition for my Windows install, my data and for a Linux distro. Should I partition the drive first in two pieces (Win10 and data) or should I setup the dual-boot and then go into further partitioning. Also, shouldn't I use a live-CD utility like Parted Magic instead of solutions like the built-in Windows partition tool or other downloadable pieces of software?

Solution
When you boot to install your favorite linux distro, you have tools like gparted or any kind of disk utility that can be used to partition disks.
Also during the install (at least any debian/ubuntu based distro) it will ask you what you want to do and will partition disks according to your settings

n0ns3ns3

Commendable
May 25, 2016
When you boot to install your favorite linux distro, you have tools like gparted or any kind of disk utility that can be used to partition disks.
Also during the install (at least any debian/ubuntu based distro) it will ask you what you want to do and will partition disks according to your settings

Solution