PC acting slow

Soviet McStalin

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Sorry if this isn't the right category, I really couldn't find anywhere better to post it.

I have a pretty powerful gaming PC, but for some reason it has been acting very slow in games and even outside of that. The sound messes up sometimes and everything sound bad. If I'm listening to music while playing a game, it messes up really bad. But it's not just the sound. I get horrible lag spikes while playing games like Minecraft and SimCity (haven't tried anything else recently).

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could reply and tell me what the problem might be.

Thank you for reading!

Specs:
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k 3.3GHz
RAM: 8GB

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
-how long has it been since you have done some clean up on it? De fragment/ Removing unused files and programs/ Registry files. Run ScanDisk or something equivalent to verify there is nothing physically wrong with the computer hard drive.
-Have you checked the temperature of your hardware while its idles? while under load?
-Have you got up to date drivers?
-Have you scanned it for malware/spyware?
-In device manager, are there any hardware conflicts?

ficler1977

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
1.download spybot
http://download.cnet.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html
to fix autostart so no unwanted programs will start with your system. click MODE -> ADVANCED -> and select AUTOSTART.
and untick all programs except your antivirus. even entries like microsoft windows are a fake ones. leave antivirus with a tick only.
Than click onto "check for problems" into main menu to scan Your computer.
2.then download OLD adaware 9.6.0
http://download.cnet.com/Ad-Aware-Free-Internet-Security/3000-8022_4-12286737.html

Why old one? because the latest one would start to fight with your antivirus. old one will only support it very nice way.
And make a full scan (around 5 hours)
Should be ok now. If not give me a shout.
Peace

Fizea

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
First off, Check if your registry is fine or not? Use Registry Recycler (www.registryrecycler.com) to find and fix all errors in registry. You will see a definite change in your PC speed.

2nd, close all background applications and speed sucking services running while you play game. Closing apps will have a positive impact.