Pc can't use my TV as a screen anymore overnight

Hrodgard

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Whenever I feel like watching a movie, I just plug my TV into my PC via a HDMI cable, the pc picks it up and I can watch on my TV. Simple as that.
Just overnight this stopped working ... and I mean literally overnight.
I've checked the TV, the HDMI cable, TV settings, PC setting, sockets are clean and there have been no software updates. My pc can still recognize the TV, but the tv-screen remains black.
I'm out of idea's here, I don't have a clue on what could be the issue.
Any comment or remark is greatly appreciated.

Hrodgard

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

I've tried that, sadly it doesn't resolve my problem. My pc can even pick up what brand and type of tv it is, but it just won't activate it.

what is the order you turn the devices on typically? did you do this order last time it did not work? i know for a fact that my tv does not always display my pc input if i turn the tv on first. sometimes it takes awhile and sometimes i need to turn the tv off then on again.

also make sure that you did not accidentally swap to a different input.

your screen resolution also needs to be supported on the tv or it may display no signal.

if you tried the above take a look in display properties to see if its detected. if yes double check the resolution and refresh rate. try setting to default. on a 1080p tv this will be 1920x1080 @ 60hz

Hrodgard

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

I normally plug my tv in after I've been on the pc. I've kept this order all the time. I tried it the other way round and even starting my pc with my TV as the only screen, but it remained black.
The TV is detected in the display properties, it's even recognised as a Panasonic TV. But no matter the resolution, pc and tv settings, all remains black.

Hrodgard

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

Yeah, I've changed HDMI ports and cable. The tv works fine with my dvd-player ...

Hrodgard

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

I never found an actual solution, after maybe 2 weeks it started working again like nothing ever happened ...

Shawn3m

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
My tv does this almost every day now, the only thing that work is continuously turning my pc on and off until my tv recognizes it. The other way around doesn't work. There has to be a solution somewhere for this.

popatim

Splendid
I've only run into this once myself as I try not to use HDMI & pc together LoL. But replacing the HDMI cable worked for me for a long while then it went out again and in trying other ports I found that my (older now) Samsung tv actually has a dedicated HDMI port for PC's and I haven't had a problem in 4 yrs with it in their.