Pc running really slow within 30 minutes of installing Overdrive

jaydens

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
My pc was running fine all day until i installed the amd driver called OverDrive, i restarted my pc then it just started running like hell very slow lagging on desktop very low FPS on R6 siege, my specs are a amd rx 480 OC 4gb i5 7600k 1 SSD 120gb 1 hdd 1tb, so yeah you would think uninstalling the overdrive software would fix it right? Nope still very slow i rebooted cleaned both drives make sure my cpu and gpu are connected, ran defrag etc etc, this is what my hdd and ssd look like after i install OverDrive

https://gyazo.com/8c20521476f3317a1ce6f33901d1706d

this is 15 days before

https://gyazo.com/9ff47528386619b279da9d97471ac95b

i have no idea what's going on but i need help cheer's

Solution

nothing in startup, and to clean reinstall would suck as my games are HUGE 50gb take's a good 2 days

yes, I'm 100% sure I removed it I uninstalled all AMD drivers. my pc is only 5 weeks old "PREOWNED"

was...
You could try using "System Restore" to take the computer back to a point before the installation. This could resolve it.

Also, are you sure that what you removed is all it installed? I would suggest scanning the system for viruses, malware, leftover stuff from the program, etc.

You may also wish to go into 'msconfig' and check the "Startup" tab. Make sure there is nothing loading as soon as Windows loads that can be using up resource. Just be really careful what you change in there. Once the changes are made, reboot.

jaydens

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017

nothing in startup, and to clean reinstall would suck as my games are HUGE 50gb take's a good 2 days

yes, I'm 100% sure I removed it I uninstalled all AMD drivers. my pc is only 5 weeks old "PREOWNED"

was running great before overdrive or maybe my HDD and SSD just died after a reboot? i have 0 malware on my pc as of how new it is a ran 2 full checks nothing came up etc, i have kept my pc off and made sure everything is cold, my CPU is water cooled GPU is not but never above 80c CPU never above 40c, but when on desktop if i start moving my mouse fast over desktop icons my CPU usage will go from 20% to 50 75% then i stop goe's back down, i don't believe its my CPU as other games seem fine

Solution

TRENDING THREADS