Slow running i3 new laptop

Matic_4

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016
Hello
I have problem, so I got new laptop and it running really slow, I have done defrag, cleanup, registeries, rebuild search index, checked disk, my teacher said for this laptop program should run flawles, well at least not as they run now
CPU: Intel Core I3 5010U 2.1GHz
Graphic: Nvidia Geforce 940M
HDD: 1TB
Ram: 4GB DDR3

I know how HDD drives work in comparation with SSD so I know that my laptop is runing way to slow as it's possible with HDD, also my games are really laggy, Warframe when there is involved more psychic it starts to shutter, a lot, GTA V shutters a lot too, I know that this laptop is not for GTA, but ffs Warframe?? My friend runs it in 60fps with intergreared graphic, sry for my bad english, please help, if it helps, I upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10, maybe there's anything wrong with upgrade?

Thanks

dudeman509

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015

If it has an access panel on the bottom for RAM, you're not voiding any warranty by adding it.

If the whole bottom has to be removed...check to see what others say about that manufacturer & warranty stipulations. 98% of the time changing a drive or RAM doesn't void warranty.

Autocrat

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
It might be worth seeing if you can put extra RAM in your laptop. Windows is a system hog.
Processor is on the weaker end, not much you can do about that being a laptop.
Truthfully, I am surprised you can run GTA V at all on it. Check and see if there are any new drivers for your graphics card. That could help out.

dudeman509

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015

If it has an access panel on the bottom for RAM, you're not voiding any warranty by adding it.

If the whole bottom has to be removed...check to see what others say about that manufacturer & warranty stipulations. 98% of the time changing a drive or RAM doesn't void warranty.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 0
Navneet Gautam Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 0
serenityzero Laptop Tech Support 4
I Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 0
F Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 0