PC Speaker System Missing 1 Key Component - Please help!

May 7, 2018
I used to have a few different configurations on my primary PC, but then the PCi-E input on the MOBO apparently died, so I switched over to an external USB Creative Audio SBX soundcard and am now a bit confused on how best to power my existing equipment.

All of my previous stuff (Klipsch 2.1, Cambridge Soundworks 2.1, etc.) were all powered devices. I was then able to add to this with my old soundcard (soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme gamer) my Battlechair's audio components for a true 4.2 system. I'm sure most of you don't remember the Battle Chair, but it's got it's own Eastern amplifier to power the speakers on the top of the chair (@ ear level) along with the sub built into the lumbar portion of the seat. It was awesome and I miss it! It's worth googling it just to see what I'm referring to, IMHO.

Now, with the above equipment out of the picture - except the Battle Chair, I still want desperately to get this back into the mix, along with the new equipment I've since purchased for the front "2.1" portion of this set-up.

I have the new ELAC Debut 6.2 speakers arriving tomoorw and they're going to be the front L/R channels and it'll be paired to a powered Polk Audio PSW10 powered subwoofer. The ELAC obviously will crave much more power than the current little Lepai 2020A+ amp I have been using the drive the Cambridge Soundworks speakers up to this point.

My question is, how can I integrate this all into one cohesive working system?

I'm desperate for guidance, so if you need any additional information, pictures, etc. in order to answer PLEASE let me know. I think tihs system, with all the available speakers working together, would be phenomenal....I just don't know what to get to tie them all together (e.g.5.1 amplifier, 7.2 amplifier, etc.), not to mention how to incorporate the Battle Chair speakers.

Any and all help is truly appreciated.

Left/right front outputs of the soundcard to lepai amp to Elacs
Left.right rear output of the soundcard to the chair speaker input.
Subwoofer output of the soundcard to the Polk subwoofer and the chair if it has a separate sub input.
This assumes you can set the soundcard to 4.1 (Running two subs with the same input is not really .2).
If not then you will also need the matching Elac center channel speaker and amp to drive it.

May 7, 2018
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the reply americanaudiofile.  I need the assistance/guidance of someone with more knowledge in this area than I have and welcome your continued assistance (if you'll be a bit patient with me).  I will get back to you with more information as soon as I can...hopefully within the next few days, or at least that's my goal.  Work/Life keeps "getting in the way" but please bear with me.

First off, a bit more information. The Creative external soundcard that I'm using.  Here is a link to the product and its specs, so hopefully it'll help you answer your questions (for my questions ) https://tinyurl.com/yc4whdlw

I intend to utilize my Battle Chair as my rear surrounds.  I know that it is an old, discontinued product, but man, when it was connected it made a huge difference in the entire PC audio experience.  Here is a link to an old article that contains information that may help answer your questions:  https://tinyurl.com/y9fb2pqb  Again, I will follow up with you, if you continue to offer you're help (please do!) with photos, specs, etc...whatever you need to help you offer guidance.

The Polk PSW10 sub has the following inputs:  https://tinyurl.com/ybb4f7ro

The Battle Chair does have a unique input connection that I will show you soon.  I'm sure there's a way to utilize it, as it worked great for years with my older soundcard while still running a front left and right along with a powered sub.

I have a Harman Kardon AVR310 that I currently use in my home theater system, but obviously that's quite dated and will soon be replaced when I upgrade the entire home theater....my thought is that I could perhaps use this as the amplifier for my existing PC? Run the pre-amp outputs to the Battle Chair's existing Eastern amp (that came with the Battle Chair and still works fine) and the amplified front L/R channels from the HK to the ELACS?

Again, thank you so much for the response.  I hope to hear back from you!

Regards!