PC Surround system - set up to TV?

zecchetti

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Hello all,

I'm finally moving into the HDTV age. Getting a Toshiba 1080p smart TV. I want a decent surround sound setup but am wondering if I could somehow use my Creative T7700 7.1 speaker set for the job. I got that set with my PC way back but I just don't use it on my PC. Can it be set up with a TV somehow? I'd imagine a special external sound card would be required but I dont know.

Hope someone can advise me. Thanks in advance!

Creative made the DDTS-100 for that purpose so if you have that you would just connect the TV via optical audio out to the speaker set up. There is no kind of external sound card for you TV. It does have USB but no drivers to use it the way you could if it were a PC.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
THEBDC Streaming Video & TVs 7
kris192 Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 3
E Streaming Video & TVs 5
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 3
X Streaming Video & TVs 1
kaishlothon Streaming Video & TVs 4
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 4
E Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 4
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Solved! Need help connecting HDTV, DVR, PS4 to a Sony Home Theatre system with only one HDMI OUT.
Solved! How to connect smart tv to old Pioneer surround sound system.
Question Trouble connecting projector to receiver and connecting laptop to receiver to stream video and sound to 5.1 speaker surround system
How to get Surround System from my TV
TCL Roku 6-series - Logitech z960 surround sound system not switching between DOLBY and Stereo
Solved! I'm trying to connect my old bose DVD surround sound system to my new Samsung smart TV but can't get TV sound to come out. The
Solved! How to connect old Pioneer surround sound system to LG TV + Nintendo Switch?
Old Surround Sound system is dying, can anyone recommend me what's good?
What kind of speaker wire is best for a 5.1 system?
I have a Sony tv.and it connect to a Bose Lifestyle 12 surround system everything works and tv speakers are on fixed so the so
remote control replacement madrid v-2 5.1 surround system
I have a Blu-ray Panasonic sound surround system and a Samsung smart tv. I have Directtv Now system. How do I hook up my sound
how do i hook an lg tv an lg surround system an lg sound bar and a cable box
How do i hook up befree surround sound theater system to a rokou tv
Help Connecting Samsung UN50MU6300F to a Pioneer XDV55 DVD Surround sound system
How do I connect my Hisense Smart TV to my rca rtd 3276h dvd surround system where the sound from the Smart Tv (Netflix etc) c
PS4 Pro to 4K TV via HDMI ARC , but no 5.1 Audio receiving by Surround System
Need to connect new HDTV to older surround system
how do i set up my TV,Fetch Box and surround sound system
Connect panasonic viera tv to panasonic viera DVD to technics eh750 surround sound system

ASK THE COMMUNITY