PC to AV receiver static sound

jafa86

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015
Long time lurker here hoping someone here can help me with my issue.

I have my PC connected to my receiver via HDMI and I get an irritating white noise / static sound out of the speakers with, or sometimes without, anything playing. I have other devices connected to the receiver none of which produce any static sound.

Hoping people here can offer me some ideas as to what might be causing it and hopefully some solutions.

Cheers in advance.

bjsm

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Make sure there is enough room between your speaker cables, your receiver, your pc etc. Also if you are using a audio manager like realtek HD, open it make sure it is set to use your speakers, and mute everything else.

jafa86

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015

Thanks for the reply. PC is on the other side of the room with rear speaker cables well away from the HDMI cable. I disable everything except for the Samsung TV option in Windows sound manager.

jafa86

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015

Thanks for the reply. There is only a static hiss from the PC, not from the blu ray player, freeview box etc.

jafa86

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015

Thanks for the reply. I get the static sound even when all other devices are powered off. I'll try using a different HDMI cable.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anti-Gravity Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
V Streaming Video & TVs 1
Fluffy4000 Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 4
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1