pc to receiver and headphones... is it possible

Jesse Pafume

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
I currently have a Home Theater PC comprised of a core I5, gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, 16g corsair ram, evga 660 sc, Samsung Pro SSD with a black 2TB hdd, and an Asus Blu Ray drive (PowerDVD 13 Ultra).  The system is liquid cooled with an H60, and powered by a corsair 750 watt power supply in a Lian Li PC-C32B case. I am running windows 7.  I am using the PC as a htpc and a gaming rig.  I have the pc connected to my home theater (Pioneer Elite SC-65) via HDMI from the video card.  I also have a 50' run of HDMI cable connected via the video card using a dvi to HDMI connector to a 23

Jesse Pafume

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
" monitor in another room.  I also have two runs of 50' Cat5 cable with usb to Cat5 adapters connected to a usb hub to power my wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse, as well as a printer and card reader.  The other Cat5 cable with usb adapter is powering my wired usb headphones.  The monitor and all my peripherals are in my office, which is where I game, and the PC is in my living room where I watch movies.  I have everything working perfectly (after bleeding in the attic, itching from insulation and coming up with new swear words trying to run all the cable) except one thing.  I have no issues switching audio manually, but my wife is electronic illiterate.  Is there anyway to have my audio output via the headphones and receiver simultaneously, or be able to switch to the receiver when it recognises that its powered (the receiver will appear off to a device if the receiver is on another channel... Awesome feature).  I have looked everywhere, but I can't figure this one out.  I would appreciate any help.  Again, I realise that it takes 10 seconds to switch the audio output, but for the sake of my sanity, and happiness, I would love some help.