Solved! pen drive files in 5.1 speakers

Sonti_

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
hi I have 7.1 bluray dvd player (with USB ofcourse) ..I have 5.1 hometheater speakers too .. when I play movie using DVD I get exact 5.1 sound .. my question is when I play movie using pendrive will I get the same 5.1 effect ? does the dvd player have in-built system to separate sound tracks both from DVD's and pen-drive's??
Now a days in market we are not getting original movie DVD's need to depend on download versions .. my other doubt is if really in very near future iDVD's vanish from market .. what will be the use of Bose, Onkio and many companies who manufactures home theaters ? when source is not available why people buy these ? will it be like having TV without dish/cable connection??

Solution
Data is data.

If the movie on the pen drive is exactly the same as if it were on the DVD player/DVD or other media (HDD, SDD) I would expect the sound to be "5.1". Everything being constant except the data source - meaning either the DVD player or pen drive file.

And "exactly the same" includes being a legitimate copy of the movie. If the pen drive version was downloaded via some recording scheme then who knows what might be lost....

Plug in the pen drive and watch the movie and listen.

DVD's are becoming a thing of the past: piracy is one reason, costs are another. "Pay per view" is more profitable to the movie industry.

As for the future ----

My cynical view: the technology is already here that could restrict watching...
Data is data.

If the movie on the pen drive is exactly the same as if it were on the DVD player/DVD or other media (HDD, SDD) I would expect the sound to be "5.1". Everything being constant except the data source - meaning either the DVD player or pen drive file.

And "exactly the same" includes being a legitimate copy of the movie. If the pen drive version was downloaded via some recording scheme then who knows what might be lost....

Plug in the pen drive and watch the movie and listen.

DVD's are becoming a thing of the past: piracy is one reason, costs are another. "Pay per view" is more profitable to the movie industry.

As for the future ----

My cynical view: the technology is already here that could restrict watching a movie or reading an online book to just the pair of eyes who paid to do so. That rant would be for Opinions and Experiences.....

Solution

Sonti_

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017

Sonti_

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
Thank you Sir .. I was and I am in opinion that Movie DVD's will have diff audio format ( Like in case of video VOB) .. and the same cant not be copied in pen-drives ( MP4/AVI/MKV files) etc .. also I am thinking the technology which reads from DVD's is diff from pen drives .. not sure :( I will try playing my mkv/mp4 files from pendrive today and will confirm ..

TRENDING THREADS