People can hear the sound on my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasper_frost03

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
People can hear the sound on my pc in discord, so if im watching a youtube video they can hear it. But they cant even hear what i'm saying. My headset is a Turtle Beach PX24 and i use this splitter https://tubby.scene7.com/is/image/tubby/TB35MMDUALMAL?.
I don't know what im supposed to do to fix it :/

Ok, so after messing around with my headset i think that there's something wrong with my mic. It's like it picks up sound from the earbuds instead of the mic. When i tap nor talk in there it's like it picks up more sound than talking into my actual mic.

suryalord

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
When I wear headphones my most important rule is not to have it at a comfortable volume but always have your headphones at the lowest bearable volume. You've probably damaged your ears or something.

kasper_frost03

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018

i always have my sound at 20% or lower, and they can't even hear me when i have no sound on at all so it's not because it's drowning out my voice.

Khaydin1

Prominent
May 26, 2017
Not exactly sure what you're using that splitter for - may not even have anything to do with your problem. First thing to do is to check what your Recording device is set to in Windows. Right Click the sound icon near the bottom right and pick recording devices, if it's set to something other than the Mic on your headset - there's your problem.

If that checks out, also check your recording device in Discord itself. By default, most chat apps use whatever device is defaulted in the Recording Devices section i had you check. Make sure it's either your headset mic or set to windows default.

kasper_frost03

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018

How do i reset drivers?

Victor_3

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015
But they are hearing it clearly or with distortion?

If they hear it clearly the stereo mix might be enabled or Discord recording device might be set to desktop audio, if they hear it with distortion then your mic is picking it up and you need to turn way down either the mic boost/volume or the speakers (guessing you're using them)

Note: I don't believe that mic is able to pick whatever it comes from headphones speakers unless you have crazy loud volume on it

unspeakable

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
To reset drivers, there are a few YouTube videos, but I'll give you a basic guide.

Go to the manufacturer/company website and search your product. There should be a section on that page for drivers. Install it.

Windows should also notify you of other updates. You can also go into control panel- devices, and look for your item.

Status
Not open for further replies.